Donnerstag, 18. Juni 2009

Another trip

On May 9th I invited Sr. Rose to go to John D'or Prairie approximately 135 km east of High Level. This township is a Reserve of the Little Red River Cree Nation. Really remarkable there is the famous Tipi Church which the Sisters have had built there about twenty years ago. I for myself was there in the end of March, but now I think I added some good photographs so I will show you the slideshow again (of course with new added pictures)



After this visit we drove back - but as I saw the mountain just ahead of me in the north we desided to go there if we find an access road. After driving about 10km eastbound we found actually an access road which brought us northbound. After - let's say - estimated further 12 km on a really rough and bumpy road and after the way has turned eastbound and due to the fact, that I hadn't any backroad map with me, we turned and drove back. It was rather funny for me, because Sr. Rose seemed to be a little bit scared - but really only a little bit. Before we came back to the mainroad we had a rather exciting few over the landscape of the Northern Peace Region. It was really exciting. A short film may give you a slight impression of this little adventure

Keine Kommentare: