Freitag, 5. September 2008

Boat Cruise arround Georgian Bay

Yesterday I had a ride with an excursion boat arround the south area of Georgian Bay. This area is well-known because its huge number of islands (advertisments speak of about 30000 islands), most of them are very tiny, just a few squaremeters, often only with one tree on it, some are only flat rocks which poke out of the water. But some islands are big enough that there is a cottage on it.
The cruise through this pitoresce area of Lake Huron was very exciting and I was very impressed. I think the best way to get an impression of that what I saw yesterday is to look to the photos I made. Sorry the weather was not so good, so the fotos are a bit dark and not so clear in the colours as they are normaly used to be. But perhaps in a few days I will make a one-day canue-trip in this area. The secretaries of the parish told me, that there is a retired social-worker who likes to canouing and knows this area quite well (they also told me, that it is not recommended to hike alone in this area because of blackbears and foremost rattle-snakes - they could be quite dangerous if you don´t be care).

But now the link to the last fotos:

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Servas Padre!!!

Ich hoffe dir gehts sehr gut,was ich so mitbekomme, Interssantes lese und ausspekuliere.So solls auch sein.
Weisst du schon was über meine Daunenjacke?
claus und meine wenigkeit waren am Glockner vollgepackt mit scheren Rucksack,a schinderei sondersgleichen.
schoen grüss
sepp-bam bam und die restl. Horde

gerhardgruber hat gesagt…

Hello Sepp! only one comment: be patient
I don´t want to appear as a fool who buys a -50-degree winterjacket when the tempreture is about 30 degree plus - And I don´t think that I´ll get one so early; but I know where to get those jackets - only one km away from my homestay in Toronto

be patient

yours Gerhard

Anonym hat gesagt…

Sehr geehrter Hr. Mag. Gruber !

Ich brauches dieses Kleidungsstück schon sehr dringend !!!!!!